To my Death Jesters and Friends

General discussion about WoW and public inquiries can be posted here.

To my Death Jesters and Friends

Postby Sparty » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:19 am

Hello friends! As many of you know, Dreaz and I were married yesterday! It was a fantastic ceremony, reception and we have many amazing photos that we’ll be sharing over the next few weeks!

I specifically wanted to thank you guys that have been such a huge part of our relationship over the past few years. You guys have seen us as guild leader, and officer. You’ve seen us as two raid leaders. You’ve seen us as Nicole and Adrian. From my Death Jesters, to Coach’s Corners, to Scotch Hours, to LFRs together, to sub raids, to Zeroes to Heroes. You guys have seen us at the best of times, playfully chirping each other and at the not so best of times. You’ve seen me with a Man Cold, and seen how Dreaz doesn’t think a Man Cold is real; how much I love sandwiches and how amazing she is. Hopefully you have seen much of who we both are as people and as a couple.
So we want to thank you for being a part of that. If it wasn’t for you guys, we would not be together. And I mean that truly. If it wasn’t for my Death Jesters, my longtime officers, and friends, I would have quit the game 9 years ago; if I didn’t enjoy playing with my friends, growing friendships. My old officers, Rootleaf, DK, Oaf, Slugfoot. You kept me playing through the old times. You guys chirped me about Dreaz when I told you about her and gave me the confidence to proceed. You guys made things fun. Guys like Slugfoot, Killek and Snuggles would make me laugh nonstop. The new and middle generations of DJs kept the guild going strong from both a raiding standpoint and a community standpoint. So many real friendships have been made because of this guild. I love you all for it.

My stream community, which includes so many of you, especially Towelliee, for getting me started. You guys are a big part of the reason we still do what we do. We enjoy streaming, having fun, playing the game with each other because of you. You’ve supported us when we were living in a little dungeon, trying to survive. You guys are the reason the community has flourished, not me. It is your positive attitude, your love for each other, that we’ve made so many friends. To those of you that came to the wedding, thank you, it was amazing to see you. To those of you that have given to our Honeymoon Fund, thank you so much; your generosity means the world and we’ll be sending you a special thank you. And a very special thanks to Midgettes for everything she has done, her advice, and for her keeping me in line so I don’t piss of Dreaz. I consider all of you my friends, and we can’t wait to see you again on the stream, and at Blizzcon.
To the Warcraft Devs, CMs, and everyone at Blizzard that reads this. Thank you. Without your amazing game, we would not have met, made so many friends, and found love. Thank you for your support in game, through emails, through the community spotlight, through your friendships and creating such a positive community.
I want to share a bit of my speech with all of you.

‘’Everything happens for a reason and I know that every single little decision has led to this. It was our mutual love of fantasy and gaming that set this forward. It was my guild’s raid schedule that had Nicole join my guild. It was solely because we both had Blackberries that we were able to communicate outside of our World of Warcraft. It was our work and school schedules that helped us find the time to talk and learn about each other. It was our mutual leap of faith to meet in person for the first time. Every little thing we did in life somehow led to today. Every little tiny decision you make in life will lead to your happiness.’’

And as I’ve told you before, I’ll tell you again, this one little bit of advice: If you find a partner that understands your hobbies, your need to kill orcs, dragons. Or your competitive drive to play sports or teach. If you find that person that not only understands that but enjoys doing those things with you… well you wife the crap out of her. And that’s what I’ve done.

Sparty
Guild Master

Re: To my Death Jesters and Friends

Postby Eloriya » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:31 am

Sincerest best wishes for a long and happy marriage. So happy for both of you :)
Eloriya
Officer

Postby Jungle » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:28 pm

You guys look great, congrats boss! Wish I was there to party with ya! =p Scotch for everyone!
Jungle of the jungle of the jungle
Jungle

Postby Central » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:41 pm

The pics on facebook, sparty looked so nervous it was so cute.
You can wipe as many times as you want to, but you can only parse once a week. Make it count.

Get good kid, you're terrible! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea06UWDBiMc
Central

Postby Psykomantis » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Aww grats Great pics
Psykomantis
Retired

Postby Eloriya » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 pm

Central wrote:The pics on facebook, sparty looked so nervous it was so cute.

"I can't yell at these people"
"Get in line already, sit down, let's get this done"
"Which one of you jackalopes is holding up my nuptials?"
"Kiss, cake, Scotch"
Eloriya
Officer

Postby Henzington » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:38 am

I thought bridesmaids were supposed to be uglier?
Henzington
Retired

Postby Rukiakuchiki » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:36 am

Great pics, congratz again Sparty
Rukiakuchiki
Friends and Family

Postby Falstad » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:50 pm

I don't know how I'm just now finding this post but the pictures are beautiful and the message even better. I've known you for quite some time but only got to talk to Dreaz at Blizzcon 2014. You two seemed to connect so well, I'm glad it culminated into an awesome wedding that I, sadly, had to miss out on! After you made the trek to our wedding I was looking forward to one day being able to see yours...perhaps Miav and I will just make a trip to visit one day, eh? To quote the dranei, "May your days be long, and your hardships few."
Falstad
Friends and Family

Postby Sparty » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Sparty
Guild Master

Postby Dominique » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:31 pm

been i while i log in..... Sorry I'm late on this.

I've never been good with word....

I will just say......Wow! Those Kind of news is making my day :).

Grats on you both.
Dominique
Contributor

Postby Skycoil » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Belated Grats :)
Skycoil

Postby Minstrel » Sat May 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Dominique wrote:been i while i log in..... Sorry I'm late on this.

I've never been good with word....

I will just say......Wow! Those Kind of news is making my day :).

Grats on you both.

Same as Dom, massive grats from the Ephi clan.

P.S. Smiley says you clean up good!
Minstrel

Return to General